Image Posted on
There are so many memories and emotions connected with holidays. The delicious aromas coming from the kitchen, the parades and football games on TV in the background, waiting for family and friends to arrive for dinner, children boisterously playing games with cousins, lively conversations, the mountain of dishes in the sink . . . Wait, let’s stick to the pleasant memories. Today is a day to remember all of the great things in our lives and especially the people that we are thankful for.
Without all of you and the support and encouragement you’ve given us we could not do what we do. It has now been close to 3 1/2 years since we opened the doors here at Quilter’s Compass and it has been one heck of a ride! The opportunity to share it with you, to celebrate all of the beautiful work that you do has been a gift and we truly appreciate it. We would be poor guests if on this special day we did not bring a hostess gift to those who so generously have invited us to be a part of their lives.
Please accept this quick pattern as a small token of appreciation for inviting us to be a part of your life and your journey in the quilt world. Thank you for all that you share with us.
Fabric Covered 4 ½” Tissue Box
This box cover takes 20 minutes to make! Do you want to dress up your tissue boxes? Grab a fat quarter from your stash and make this fun and attractive table decoration.
- 1 Fat Quarter
- Trim to 16 ½” x 19”
- On one of the 19” sides of the rectangle, turn and stitch down ¼” to create a finished edge.
- Fold the 16 ½” sides together, keeping the stitched 19” side at the top. Mark a spot on the folded edge for placement of a button hole, 6” down from the top edge.
- Sew and cut open the button hole.
- With right sides together and the finished edge at the top of the fabric, sew a 1/4” seam along the side and bottom raw edges. Leave the top open.
- Turn down 3 ½” of the top edge towards the wrong side of the fabric. Pin to hold in place.
- Turn right side out. Sew two seams around the bag, one seam 2 ¼” down from the top above the button hole and a second 2 ¾” down from the top below the button hole to form a casing.
- Turn bag inside out and tack the two bottom corners together.
- Turn right side out. Run a ribbon through the button hole for your tie.
- Insert tissue box, gather and tie ribbon, leaving room to pull tissue.